This just popped up in a twitter exchange: why not gather people that would like to visit a Champagne estate, and ask twittering Champagne houses and producers.
The idea: We start from Paris, and visit different Champagne houses (of course, in the east of Paris, in the Champagne region), let’s say .. 5? We don’t know the date yet, we don’t know where we are going, we don’t know how the group will look like – but we are going.
Participants so far (leaving from Paris):
- twitter.com/#/champagnexpert (confirmed) > Paris, France
- twitter.com/#/ParisianEye (confirmed) > Paris, France
- twitter.com/#/WeLiveforDolce (maybe) > Belgium
- twitter.com/#/LoveOfChampagne (maybe) > Adelaide, South Australia
- twitter.com/#/champagnehouses (maybe) > Toronto, Canada
- who else?
Estates to visit:
- twitter.com/#/champagnepetre > that would be Champagne Pétré
- who else? Any other Champagne houses out there that want to be visited by a bunch of international, Champagne-loving, Paris based (or not) social media freaks?
Feel free to comment, this is an open project: If you want to join, either as an estate/producer/house or as a participant; let us know below!
About Champagne ExpertWe are four people working on this blog: Jacki (England), LeChamp' (France) and Sophie & Marc (Germany)... and we love Champagne and all sparklers out there. We just started this website, we still learn, we will drink a lot of Champagne.
Join Champagne LeChamp on twitter
> July 25th: Charles Lafitte 1834 Blanc de Blancs 12%. Nice nose, but far too sweet. The bubbles are great. 5.5/10
> July 19th: Billecart Salmon Brut. Rather balanced, not enough bubbles for my taste, a good pre-dinner Champagne, a bit too flat 6.5/10
> July 14th: Henri Giraud Cuvée Argonne 2002. Gentle fine bubbles: 9/10
> June 29th: Val de Cune Prosecco Treviso Brut. Very nice: 8/10
> June 25th: Champagne Mailly Grand Cru Brut Réserve: No bubbles, sour, flat.. 4/10
> June 20th: Champagne Beauvalet Brut Cote Des Bar Urville: 7/10
> June 18th: Piper Heidsieck Standard: very nice Champagne, that's a 8/10
> June 16th: Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut (Cava) .. stuff is too sweet 4.5/10
Join us on Facebook